The Muse Hotel Terms & Conditions of Use
Welcome to The Muse Hotel website which is owned and operated by Sarin Hotels.
Access and Use
Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights (including copyright) in all information, text, material, graphics, fonts, icons, code (including HTML), audio, video, photographs, software and advertisements on the Website (“Content”) are owned by or licensed to The Muse Hotel. New Zealand and international intellectual property laws protect the Content. You must not modify, copy, reproduce, sell, frame, scrape, upload to a third party, create derivative works from, post, transmit or distribute the Content in any way except as expressly provided for on the Website or expressly authorised in writing by The Muse Hotel. You may not use a trade mark displayed on the Website without The Muse Hotel or the relevant owner’s written permission. Further, you must not make use of any “Meta tags” or other “hidden text” that uses The Muse Hotel name or trade mark or product name without The Muse Hotel written consent.
You may, using an industry-standard web browser, download and view the Content for your personal, non-commercial use only. In using the Website and any of the services provided by The Muse Hotel, you must not:
- disrupt the operation or security of the Website or those services or any accounts, servers, or networks connected or accessible through the Website;
- false details on website;
- use the Website or those services in a way that may harass, annoy or disrupt any third person, including a third person who may receive messages as a result of your use of the Website or those services;
- submit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or material of any kind including without limitation any material constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- submit any material of any kind which violates or infringes the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy rights, which is protected by copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right without first obtaining the permission of the owner or relevant right holder;
- submit any material of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- delete any author attribution’s, legal notices, or proprietary designations or labels in any material that is submitted;
- modify or delete any content on the Website or add any content to the Website; or
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Website or those services.
The Muse Hotel reserves the right to co-operate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of anyone posting any materials which violate any applicable or relevant law.
Please note that surcharge will apply to all credit cards at the hotel;
The following Credit Card fees apply:
Visa and Mastercard : 1.3%
Diners Club : 2.85%
American Express : 3.35%
Payment via EFTPOS will attract no fees.
You must show a valid credit card upon check in. This credit card must be in the same name as the guest’s name on the booking confirmation.
Please note that this property has a strict ‘No Party Policy’. Failure to comply with property policies may result in the eviction of guests and the loss of any deposits or payments made.
You must show a valid photo ID upon check in. This ID must be in the same name as the guest’s name on the booking confirmation.
Guests under the age of 18 can only check in with a parent or official guardian. The legal guardian must provide a current photo ID or proof of guardianship if requested upon check-in.
First night stay will be charged on booking. The balance amount due will be charged on arrival. If you want to pay by a different card/mode on arrival for the balance days, please inform reception at the time of check-in, failing which the card provided to us at the time of booking would be charged on arrival for the balance period of stay.
Cancellations and changes must be lodged by 2 PM, in 24 Hrs prior to the scheduled arrival. Modifications are subject to the selected booking type.
Services and Accuracy of Information
The Muse Hotel does not warrant that the material or functions contained in the Website or your access to them will be uninterrupted, error-free or free of viruses or any other harmful components. The Muse Hotel does not warrant or make any representation regarding accessibility, correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise in respect of the Website or materials or functions contained on the Website. You expressly acknowledge and agree that The Muse Hotel does not control users of the Website and is not liable for their behaviour including any information, defamatory statements or offensive conduct.
Delays and Viruses
The Muse Hotel will not be liable for damage or loss resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, virus, harmful component, communications failure, internet access difficulties or malfunction in equipment or software, howsoever caused.
If the Website is Unavailable
It is your responsibility to use other means of effecting transactions and obtaining information if for any reason you are unable to use this Service or the Service is unavailable. We undertake to make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Service you use is available to you during the hours specified by us from time to time but we are not liable to you for or in connection with – Failure of a Service to perform in whole or in part, any function which we have specified it will perform;
The unavailability of a Service to you in whole or in part because of the failure of the communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or delays or errors in the execution of any transaction or instruction because of the communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
Linked Sites and Advertising
You may be able to access third party websites from this Website. The Muse Hotel does not make any representations in relation to the content, quality, or reliability of these websites, and The Muse Hotel inclusion of a link to them does not imply that The Muse Hotel has any relationship or affiliation with them. The Muse Hotel is not responsible for the content or practices of third party websites that may be linked to the Website. The Website may also be linked to other websites operated by companies affiliated or connected with The Muse Hotel. When visiting other websites, you must refer to each such website’s individual terms and conditions of use. The Muse Hotel takes no responsibility for third party advertisements that are posted on the Website, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by advertisers.
Limitation of Liability
Subject to the following paragraph, under no circumstances will The Muse Hotel or any related corporation or their respective directors or employees be liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (including legal costs) whether direct, indirect, or consequential howsoever caused (including, without limitation, negligence) suffered or incurred by you arising out of: use of, or any inability to use the Website or any third party website the Content of this Website or any third party website any services offered or made available to you by The Muse Hotel through the Website.
- replacing the goods/services or supplying equivalent goods/service;
- repairing the goods/service;
- paying the cost of replacing the goods/service or of acquiring equivalent goods/service;
- paying the cost of having the goods/service repaired, and, in the case of a supply of services, The Muse Hotel doing either or both of the following (at The Muse Hotel election):
- supplying the services again;
- paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which you may have under any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
Linking to this Website
You must not create a hyperlink to any page within the Website unless The Muse Hotel gives you prior written permission.